Wednesday, April 11, 2007

S.A.D.

I have this.

Not that it's been diagnosed or anything, but really. I have so very had it with this nonsense.

It's April 11, for God's sake!!! I shouldn't be bundled up like it's January! No one should be!

And judging from the 10-day forecast, there's no relief in sight.

I. Can't. Take. It. Anymore.

I feel so depressed (and I recognize that I'm using that term loosely -- I know it's not true depression). I hate going outside.... I just want to be under my covers.... I can't wait to get home at night.... and the worst part? I just want to eat.

I've been doing well on WW -- I lost 9.2 pounds in the first 5 weeks. But this past week has been tough. It started with Easter, then went to Opening Day (I love baseball food) and really, haven't been able to straighten it out completely since.

I will, though. I've been feeling too good not to. It's just that I feel so blah lately -- the grayness, the chill I can't get rid of, the same winter clothes I've been donning since October. Enough.

Honestly, I don't know how people live year-round in places where it's cold and gray. Not me. Sign me up for sun and warmth, please.

I love being outdoors.... I really miss it. I wonder if spring will ever come?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say that we usually get your weather a couple of weeks after you so I think I'll stock up on hot chocolate now.
Things like this make you want to slap the next person who mentions Global WARMING.
If it's any consolation my healthy eating has been disastrous since Rod got back. I have GOT to get back on track.

Gwen said...

Spring only exists in literature, you know.

Did that help? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if I have this, too, really. I always dread winter because I get so melancholy. But you are doing great with losing weight!! That's very exciting. And I'm hoping for spring sometime soon, too, and not just a leap into summer. I want weeks of 70 degrees.